17/18 July 2021 – Dinosaur Detectives
In conjunction with the Ironbridge Gorge Museums Trust, the Ministry of Steampunk host The Town That Never Was at Blists Hill Victorian Village and open air museum.
Set in the midst of the World Heritage Site and the beating heart of the Industrial Revolution, the event Has become a popular favourite in the Steampunk calendar.
Originally Blists Hill was an industrial region consisting of a brick and tile works, blast furnaces and coal, iron and fire clay mines. The museum was opened in 1973 and has been growing ever since.
This year it is time for Sherlock Bones to don his deerstalker and head to Telford!
- Join us for our daily Grand Promenade
- Enjoy pop up performances from the Belly Fusion Dance Collective
- Head to our curated market spaces throughout the town
- Visit the Hopeless Maine “Tourist Information Office”
- Drop in to Herr Döktor’s Laboratory
- Sign up to the Martian Expeditionary Force
- Take aim at the NERF shooting range
- Have your say at Speaker’s Corner
- Go on a fossil hunt (claim your Dinosaur Detective Certificate)
- Discover pop up musical performances
- Meet the Sky Pirates and take to the skies
- Get your comic on with Accent UK Comics
- Download your Detective Pack to take part
- Watch out for droids (even the ones you are looking for)
- Get snapped to be part of a limited edition Top Trumps set
- Take part in Secret Tea Duelling (pre-registration essential)
- Head to the brand new children’s interactive play zone (subject to change)
- Discover the Imaginarium in the School House
The Ministry of Steampunk have secured advanced tickets for the Steampunk community, which not only include entry to both days of The Town That Never Was, but also include an Annual Pass to access all 10 of the Ironbridge Gorge Museums.
Adult tickets are just £29 and can be purchased directly from BLISTS HILL website.
When buying your pass select the time slots you want on each/both days and the pass(es) you required. The slots will show as £0.00. Don’t worry about this the pass purchase is automatically covering them. If you already have a pass which will be valid in July then use the “option 2” button to simply book your slots.
Enjoy the Victorian Town, curated Steampunk market, talks, presentations, parades, exhibitions and an opportunity to meet splendid Steampunks.
If you would like to be involved in the event, please check out our GETTING INVOLVED section of this website.