The Victorian Steampunk Society, who run the Asylum, are once again hosting a very special event to celebrate the New Year in splendid steampunk style.
30TH DECEMBER 2017 – 2ND JANUARY 2018
After extensive meetings, planning and feedback from 2016, we have once again secured exclusive use of the 4* Mercure Grand Hotel where Victorian charm meets modern comfort in Leicester city centre.
Included in your package is:
- Gala New Year’s Eve dinner in the Victorian King’s Hall
- Full English Breakfasts in Marco Pierre White Restaurant
- Champagne at Midnight – New Year’s Eve
- Dinner in Marco Pierre White Restaurant
- “Walk with Spirits” – guided walk of the historic City – with GIN!
- Full programme of daytime entertainments
- Exclusive use of the recently refurbished 4* Mercure Grand Hotel
“This fine Victorian building is right in the city centre and has been modernised to create a stylish hotel with reasonably priced rooms. Wireless internet and satellite TV are available. There is also a cosy lounge bar and restaurant” – The Times Newspaper.
Check in to Victorian elegance in a vibrant central location at the Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel. Just two minutes away from the newly regenerated Cultural Quarter.
• Double/Twin Three Night Package (based on two people sharing) £225 per person
• Single Three Night Package £345 per person
Gala New Year’s Eve Dinner Menu
Smoked salmon plate,
black pepper cream cheese, capers & shallots
Smoked duck, radish & sesame seed salad,
pickled ginger and lime dressing
Warm goats cheese & caramelised onion tart,
herb salad, balsamic dressing (v)
Asparagus veloute with chives(v)
Roast fillet of beef,
potato dauphoise, honey glazed root vegetables,
wild mushroom cream sauce
Pan roasted scallops, sea bass,
lemon & chive beurre blanc
Roasted butternut squash arancini,
sage, garlic & pine nut brown butter sauce (v)
Chocolate ganache torte,
salted caramel sauce
Baileys crème brûlée,
Mature cheddar, walnut & celery salad
& Long Clawson stilton, red onion marmalade,
A £50 deposit per person is to be paid to confirm the booking.
Final balance is due on or before 27th October 2017.
Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable.
If a room is cancelled all payment made will be retained by the hotel and will not be refunded.
The allocation of bedrooms for the Victorian Steampunk event will be released on 27th October and rooms will then be subject to availability.